Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Curvature of Life



At 16, she smiled,
I was a bud of shyness,
Exceptional was reply as I turned away my face,
What was I thinking?

At 25, she kissed her groom.
I was a stud of failure,
Exceptional stare with a squint face
And I knew what was I thinking!

At 34, she walked in the park with her two kids
I was a man of utter silence,
Exceptional sigh and a head down,
Yes! I know what you are thinking.

At 43, she cried; divorced,
I was a man of shock!
Exceptional heart of mine with a pity.
Where did it all go wrong?

At 52, I never saw her,
I was man of concern/no concern,
Exceptional was my curiosity,
Where did she go?

At 61, She sits in dismay
I was an old pa of three.
Exceptional was my courage,
As I finally smiled back and said, "Hey!" 

(MS Khan)

No comments:

Post a Comment